Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 263


It's not always easy to choose joy.  In fact, most of the time it would be so much easier to not choose joy (like the morning after a sleepover at a hotel with thirteen girls...ha).  My life has changed incredibly since last summer.  I don't look the same, I don't feel the same, I don't act the same.  My body is scarred, I'm worn down physically and emotionally from months of grueling treatment and I see my doctors more often than I see my friends.  Sometimes I am tempted with the idea of giving in to the "what ifs" and "why me" thoughts.  I wouldn't be normal otherwise.

Despite how much havoc cancer has caused in my life, some things remain the same.  I am blessed to be young and strong in order to fight this stupid disease.  I am loved:  by God, by my husband, by my children, by so many family and friends.  

I'm scared every day, but I am happy.  I have love and laughter, I am alive.... and that's reason enough to be joyful.

No comments: