Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 258


I'm missing my BFF today.  I miss her most days, even though I should be used to it since we've spent most of our adult lives living in separate states.  But for some reason she has been on my mind and in my heart even more today.  

Really look at that picture.  She's a redhead.  I'm a brunette.  We both had cancer.  We both had breast cancer - same stage, same treatment schedule, same surgery, both had positive genetic test results - all within two years of each other.  How weird is that?  I hate that we have this in common, but I love that we are warrior sisters now as well as friends.  

T - you have no idea how much I wish we lived closer, but I'm thankful for your presence in my life every single day.

No comments: