Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 250

It has been two hundred and fifty days since my first chemo treatment.  That means I have been actively fighting cancer for that long.  If you think about it like that, it really is overwhelming, and the main reason why I have to just take one day at a time.  Today marks my 20th radiation treatment... still have a ways to go, but I'm ticking them off day by day.

I haven't had any problems to report up until now, but I had to mention the increase in bad headaches when I saw Dr. Au today.  I've always been a headache person and had some real doozies during chemo, but things seemed to have settled down until I started radiation.  Since then, it seems more often than not I wake up with a headache, sometimes a really bad headache.

In honor of my mother, who absolutely loves Cinco de Mayo for some reason, and who also appreciates silly humor:


No comments: