Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 255

Before all of this fun started, I could count the number of things I knew about radiation on one hand.  Even now that I have 24 treatments under my belt, I still don't know much more than I did at the start.  I know what happens during treatment, I know how long it takes and I know I can't wait for it to be over.   I knew the actual treatment would be painless, I knew to expect fatigue (which I have in spades) and eventually sore, pink skin (mine is pink, but not sore so far - knock on wood!).
What I did not expect is itchy skin!!  Holy cow.  The skin on my upper chest in the collarbone area has a slightly red rash and it itches like crazy.  I'm not sure if it's from the radiation (am I even getting radiation in that area???) or from the creams I'm using because of radiation.  The fun never ends, right?

The good news is I am now down to single digits in the rads countdown.  Nine more to go!!!

No comments: