Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, January 31, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 156




Nothing like waiting until the last minute.  Today I had to go renew my drivers license.  I can hear you groaning with me.  My license expires on my birthday... which happens to be this Sunday.  Everybody knows a visit to the drivers license office is not a quick thing.  I ate breakfast while I was driving the kids to school so I could head straight to town, figuring earlier is better.  I brought a hoodie in case it was cold, and had my ever-present drink with me.  I was prepared to hunker down for however long my wait would be.  I would have brought snacks, too, but I wasn't that prepared.

The DPS drivers license office opens at 8am and I got there at 8:05am (I would have been there right at 8:00 but I went in the wrong door.  Don't blame me - last time I renewed online!)  I was #8 in the queue.  I sat down with the clipboard and my grape kool aid and started answering questions.  I was a little perplexed when the first number they called out was 200, but there were only a handful of people in there so I didn't think it was necessarily a bad omen.  Turns out I was right.  I had no sooner signed the bottom of the renewal form and they called my number.  I was in and out of there in twenty minutes.  That has to be a record!

No comments: