Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 146

Contrary to popular belief, doctors are not all-knowing  (or at least they don't share everything they know).  There are so many things about breast cancer that you learn either on your own as you go, or from others who have gone before you.  One of the crazier things?  Cold drinks are REALLY REALLY COLD!  I didn't have a ton of... um... padding... to begin with, but now with none in the chest area, it almost hurts to drink something cold.  Think brain-freeze only in your chest.  Very weird feeling.  Why didn't anyone tell me this?

I had to shave my legs today.  I didn't miss that.  Too bad I can't redirect that hair growth to the top of my head.  Ha!  I'm so ready to be done with hats and wigs.  I told Hubby tonight that I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait until I have as much hair as he does.

No comments: