Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, January 20, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 145

Today I did something I haven't done in about three weeks.  I drove!  Technically I'm not supposed to (per my surgeon) until my drains are out, but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and this girl had to go pay her Sams bill.  I didn't have a hard time, but I wouldn't say it was very comfortable either.  Thanks to whoever invented the back-up camera!!  And thanks to my kiddos for helping because I can't pull the driver's side door closed with my left arm.  I only drove about three miles and that's about as far as I'd want to go right now.

I thought I had a radiation consult on Feb 6th.  They called this morning and I'm actually going next week.  I'm not sure I like that.  I was thinking the 6th was going to be pushing it on me being able to move my arms... next week is ridiculous.  All the range of motion exercises in the world won't help me lift my arm by then!  It is only a consult and not the start of radiation, but still.  I have a feeling I'm going to think Dr. Au is appropriately named.

Hubby is out of town today.  He's out of town tomorrow.  Then we are headed east again Wednesday because I have two appointments in Dallas Thursday.  Too bad we can't earn frequent driver miles... those points would be adding up lately!

I started yet another new medicine for my restless legs syndrome.  {knock on wood} My legs haven't been too bad lately, but I'm still getting that all over jittery feeling and I HATE IT.  We'll see if this new pill helps.  I'm not very optimistic.  It's kind of crazy that most of the meds they give you for RLS are the same ones they use to treat Parkinsons.  If they work for THAT, you'd think they'd work for stupid old restless legs.

Happy Martin Luther King Jr's Day!


No comments: