Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 128

I know I'm a day late posting this, but maybe you'll forgive me since I was unconscious for most of the day and then loopy from my morphine pump. Yesterday was the big day.... Surgery to rid my body of any remaining evidence of cancer. Woohooo!
I was in surgery from 9am - 4pm, and I woke up in recovery around 5pm. My surgeon said everything went well and there were no surprises, so that's good.  I didn't think to ask any specifics such as how many lymph nodes she removed or how much of the tumor was left. If I don't see her tomorrow I will ask those questions at my follow up on Thursday. That's right.... We get to make this fun 3 hour drive and back again just a few days after I get home. How exciting!
Surprisingly my surgeon asked if *I* wanted to stay another day. Apparently she thought I was doing well enough to go home today. That's crazy!!!! I told her I'd rather stay, especially since we have to travel so far home.
Speaking of traveling... Grammie is in Dallas right now on her way to Abilene to take care of the kids until we get there and then to take care of all of us when we get home. She gets to stay for two weeks and I'm so thankful that I'll have her around during this time.
Some other travelers surprised us yesterday - Hubby's uncle and aunt drove up from Waco to see us and be with him during my operation. We really have a lot of amazing, caring people in our lives.
To everyone who is saying prayers for us, keep them coming. They are working!!!

No comments: