Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 133

Well, I have 36 minutes to get today's post in on time.  It's 11:24pm and despite dozing off earlier during Despicable Me 2, I am still awake.  I can't really make this one an insomniac blog, it's more a restless legs syndrome blog.  <sigh>  This is the first time since my surgery that my RLS has bothered me enough to keep me up.  I really, REALLY need some of those inflatable leg wrap things that I had in the hospital.  Did I mention that?  Those would be lovely right about now.

Grammie says I was "perkier" today than I have been so far, so that's good.  I didn't accomplish much of anything, though.  Had a nice visit with R who stopped by with lunch and Christmas presents for the kids.  (No, Christmas really doesn't ever end in this house)  I've been trying to rest up because tomorrow we have to drive back to Dallas for two appointments.  Just a day trip this time, so I'm sure I'll be nice and exhausted by the time we get home.

Hopefully I'll get a "everything looks good" report from both doctors, and we should receive the pathology report from my surgery.  I'm not really sure what to expect from that.  No leftover cancer would be fantastic, but we'll see.  One bright spot in my long, tiring day will be meeting face to face a special lady in Dallas.  When I first started this journey we crossed paths on a message board on www.breastcancer.org and she invited me to a Facebook group of women who have undergone or who are currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer - the Bellas.  They are the most amazingly supportive group of women, and they are always there with a virtual hug, an answer or a shoulder to cry on no matter what time it is or no matter what the issue.  I get to meet D in person tomorrow in between my appointments and I'm so excited to give her a (gentle) hug and see her smile.

I took a pain pill before bed tonight.... I wish that would make me sleepy enough to ignore my restless legs.  But for now, it's just me and Shadow prowling the living room.  See?  I told you I have the life of a cat.

No comments: