Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 142

I was typing the subject of this post and accidentally put day 242.  Wow.  I wonder where I will be (mentally and physically) in another one hundred days.

Where I am today is tired. I slept later today than I have since my surgery and yet I still felt so tired. We all went to the movies this afternoon and I ended up dozing with my head on Hubby's shoulder. I could have gone to bed at 8pm without batting an eye.

I'm also sad. Grammie leaves tomorrow. She has been here taking wonderful care of my family for the past two weeks. I will miss her being here to get the kids up and ready for school. I will miss her washing my dishes before I even know they are dirty. I will miss her washing my hair for me. She has done laundry and driven me places and even emptied my drains. I mostly will miss her company. I have never needed so much help in my adult life, and having my mom here during one of the most difficult times I've experienced has been so so good for me, and for my kids. She is a wonderful caretaker, a sweet Grammie and a loving mom.  She's amazing and I'm going to miss her love and her light.

If only New York wasn't so far away...

No comments: