Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 137

So many people with a cancer diagnosis begin their journey with an ass-kicking attitude.  Some are defeated (mentally and/or physically) from the beginning.  A lot of cancer patients will show their true colors as they fight to save their lives.  And some show such faith and courage and strength that they amaze us all.  My friend Allyson is one of those.  I don't normally name names on my blog, but her name deserves to be said.  I've spoken of her before, and I'll speak of her again.  She is one of the kindest, funniest, and most loving women I've ever known.  She was one of my first "mommy" friends and in the early years of our friendship we shared a passion for our little boys (born a month apart), snow cones and country music.

Allyson has been fighting ovarian cancer for over six years.  I would appreciate it if you would take the time to read her latest blog post and say as many prayers for her and her family as you can.

My Three Sons: All I Can Say

Allyson's courage in the face of such a long, awful battle with her Monster is astounding.  The way that she continues to be true to herself and true to God and spread her light to those around her is inspirational.  Since my diagnosis, she has been there for me with words of wisdom and words of love.  She has laughed with me, cried with me and prayed for me.   I never wanted to have this (cancer) in common with anyone, but I'm glad I can understand in at least a small way what it is like to walk a day in her shoes.  She told me early on that she will do whatever she can to help me, and I'm thinking, "You're dealing with your own Monster....you're the last person who should be offering anything!"   She told me that if she can use anything about her fight with cancer to help me, she would be glad.

We all have our faults and nobody is perfect, but Allyson is one of the few people in my world that I would have a hard time saying anything negative about.  My heart is heavy for her, but my ass-kicking mojo is getting kicked up a notch because I really, really hate cancer.

No comments: