Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 516

Hot flashes are a mystery to me.


Ha!  I wish.

Through my breast cancer Facebook groups and the people I know who've had breast cancer, there are a lot of women dealing with hot flashes.  Most of them say that they are hot-natured now, even when they used to be cold all of the time.  They seem to have hot flashes all day and night sweats at night, to the point that they need to try medicine to help them.  My sister-in-law has discovered that the herbal supplement black cohosh helps with her hot flashes immensely.

Even though I am in menopause (thanks to a hysterectomy) and I'm taking an anti-cancer drug that can increase hot flashes, I think I had more hot flashes during chemo than I do now.  With that being said, I still have them.  And when they happen, they happen quick.  There's a reason they are called hot flashes - as in they come on in a flash!  There's no warning and no slow build-up.  One minute you're fine, the next you are burning up.

It's totally ridiculous.






No comments: