Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 501

Today we were a house divided.
Growing up in Texas, Hubby is a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan.
Growing up in New York, I'm a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan.  (Don't ask me to explain)
K isn't really a football fan, but she tends to cheer for whichever team her daddy does, which means she cheers for the Dallas Cowboys.
And then there is J.  Somehow, right smack in the middle of Texas, growing up in a house full of Cowboys fans, my son cheers for the................. Green Bay Packers?????  Say what??


He gets the last laugh this year, because his Packers beat my Cowboys today in the playoffs.  
Oh well, there's always next year.

On a different note, who knew that an iron infusion would have side effects?  I didn't.  I guess it makes sense, because if you take iron pills there are side effects.  I just didn't expect it, especially the side effects I have:  headache, earache, congestion and sore throat.  The exact same thing happened in the days following my iron infusion last time, too, so I know I can blame it on that.  It just seems weird to me.  Hopefully I just have one more to go.  I'm getting sick and tired of spending this entire winter sick and tired!


No comments: