Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 510

Today is chemo day for my mom.  This is number three of twelve chemo treatments.  She's doing amazingly well.  She had a few rough days last time, but bounced back quickly and then had a good week or so before the next one.  I hope that trend continues!  Please keep the prayers coming for her that she stays strong, healthy and keeps her positive spirit.

Yesterday I crashed.  I mean CRASHED.  I took the kids to their friends' house (for a Martin Luther King Jr party!) and I came home and promptly conked out on the couch.  One of the lovely gifts cancer gives you is never knowing what is "normal".  I'm anemic and my blood counts have been down for months.... so is it "normal" for me to crash on the couch at 4pm?  Or is it a sign that something else is going on?  Am I coming down with something?  Is it tied to the anemia?  The endless questions, wondering and worrying can drive you batty!  I try to listen to my body and rest when I need to rest, but maybe I'm still not resting enough.   I feel guilty, but I had to skip the fitness challenge.  I was just way too exhausted.  Today is a day of rest, so if I'm up to it I'll do yesterday's exercises.

Here's a picture of J & K with their friends at the party today.  Fun times!


1 comment:

Robin said...

YAY!! Your mom is in the single digits!! She is such a trooper and I am so proud of her!! You should never feel guilty for anything, well except for the 10 chocolate cakes and the dead body ;);)