Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 497

Fifteen years ago, on January 7, 2000, my life was changed forever.  That's the day I first met Hubby.  I think back to that night, and all of the monstrous phone bills (back in the day when you had to pay for long distance calls!), and all of the money we spent on plane tickets to fly back and forth between Texas and South Carolina (it was mostly South Carolina to Texas, because let's face it, Hubby hates to fly), our first real date (1am at Waffle House)... in some ways it seems so long ago, but in other ways it doesn't seem like it could possibly have been fifteen years.

We've been through so much together, including some really tough times, and through it all Hubby has been by my side.  His love and support have never wavered and for that I am eternally grateful.  Our children are lucky to be the ones who call him "Dad", and I am incredibly lucky to be the one who calls him Hubby.  Actually I call him "Pa" most of the time (he calls me "Ma"), except in my blog posts he's Hubby.

Of all the tough times we've been through, one of the worst was the night his big brother died.  I will never forget when Hubby called me from the hospital and told me Daryl didn't make it.  Even though his brother had been in a motorcycle wreck and those are usually pretty bad, I thought he was kidding.  My response was actually "You're kidding!". That was January 7, 2007.  So this date is bittersweet, especially for Hubby.  

One of the lessons cancer has taught me, though, is to focus on the positive and be thankful for your blessings.  The day we met is the greatest blessing.

Happy fifteen years together Hubby.  I love you!

No comments: