I want to feel normal. I want to feel like I can face the day, every day, when I wake up. And yet here I sit, on my couch in my pjs, after a full night's sleep, because I'm completely exhausted. Just reading through the lists of side effects is exhausting!
What choice do I have? Without the Mirapex, my restless legs syndrome is awful (aggravated by the Tamoxifen). Without the Tamoxifen, my body will produce estrogen that my cancer fed off of. Without the Lexapro, I can't stay on an even keel and deal with any of this!
I know I can't place 100% of the blame for the way I'm feeling on my medications. There's no telling what, if any, side effects I have. After all, I had cancer! Multiple surgeries and chemo and radiation did a number on me for sure. It really makes me wonder, though, how much of the way I feel is tied to the pills I need to treat certain things. Maybe it's like six in one hand and half a dozen in the other - you just have to find the lesser of two evils.
- extreme drowsiness, falling asleep suddenly, even after feeling alert;
- nausea, sweating, feeling light-headed, fainting;
- muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine;
- chest pain, cough with white or pink phlegm (mucus), wheezing;
- feeling short of breath (even with mild exertion), swelling, rapid weight gain;
- feeling weak or tired, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss;
- fast or uneven heartbeats; or
- tremors, twitching or uncontrollable movements of your eyes, lips, tongue, face, arms, or legs.
- dry mouth, stomach pain, vomiting, constipation;
- headache, dizziness, spinning sensation;
- mild drowsiness;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- appetite or weight changes;
- blurred vision;
- sleep problems (insomnia), unusual dreams;
- amnesia, forgetfulness, thinking problems;
- Hot flashes
- leg cramps
- muscle aches
- hair thinning
- vision changes (e.g., blurred vision)
- eye pain
- easy bruising/bleeding
- mental/mood changes
- unusual tiredness
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination
- headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops
- drowsiness, dizziness
- sleep problems (insomnia)
- mild nausea, gas, heartburn, upset stomach, constipation
- weight changes
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm
- dry mouth, yawning, ringing in your ears.