Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 498

Well, the good news is that my labs were better.  The bad news is "better" doesn't equal "normal".  My hemoglobin, which was the biggest worry, went from 8.1 to 9.9.  Yay!  I'm out of the needing-a-blood-transfusion stage, but I'm still anemic.  A normal value is over 12.  So things are moving in the right direction at least.
Dr H wants me to have two more iron infusions which will hopefully get me back in the normal range.  There's nothing to them other than having to sit in the infusion room for two hours, which is depressing. But I suffered no ill effects from the first one, so there are worse things.  I go for that today, and then again in three weeks.
I think we might have set a record the other day, too.  We were in the waiting room for less than thirty minutes, and in the exam room for about fifteen before the doc came in.  I don't know that we've ever gotten in and out with Dr H in a little over an hour!
Since Mom was still in the chemo chair thanks to an insurance delay, I won!!!

No comments: