Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, January 23, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 513

Hubby bought me a FitBit for Christmas.  If you don't know what it is, it looks like this:

It's a silicon bracelet that you wear 24/7 and it tracks your movements.  Mine is the most basic model and it keeps track of how many steps I've taken, how many calories I've burned (I think it grossly overestimates this!) and even how restless and how many times I'm awake during the night.  If you're a serious FitBit user you can keep track of water intake, foods you eat and log any exercise you do.  It syncs automatically through bluetooth on my phone as well as my computer.  Neat-o, right?  

My goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day.  Since I've either been sick and/or severely anemic pretty much since before I got my FitBit, there hasn't been a whole lot of activity for me.  Today is the first time I actually met that goal!  We took a road trip to San Antonio, and the kids wanted to go to the fitness center in the hotel.  I walked a mile on the treadmill before going back to the room.  When I checked my FitBit, I had less than 400 steps to go to reach my goal.  I headed back to the treadmill & logged another half a mile.  This was the result:


Right now these 10,000 steps days are few and far between, but at least now I know I can do it!  FitBit even sent me a cute little "sneaker badge" to commemorate the event.  Go me!




No comments: