Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 514

Today we spent the day in San Antonio with my stepson and his family.  They were celebrating his stepdaughter's ninth birthday and the kids had a blast at a trampoline play place.  From right to left, here's K with the birthday girl and her BFF:


After that we headed downtown to the Riverwalk.  J had asked if we could visit the Alamo.  I'd never been there and Hubby hadn't been since junior high, so it was an interesting visit.  So much history in one small place.


While grabbing some fajitas at Rita's on the Riverwalk, we enjoyed a serenade by a mariachi band.  Well, we all enjoyed it except K, who was very much embarrassed to be the object of their attention:


Both kiddos went back to my stepson's house for the night, so Hubby and I went on a movie date.  American Sniper is an incredible film.  Very powerful, very patriotic, very moving.  You could hear a pin drop as the credits rolled, and no one made a sound as we walked out of the theater.  




No comments: