Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 459

I love Christmas.

I love the chill in the air, I love snowy weather, I love Christmas music, decorations and Christmas lights.  I love trying to find that one perfect gift for each person I love.  I love my Christmas dishes, and even though I think it's a tradition going by the wayside, I love getting Christmas cards in the mail.

I'm a little down about Christmas right now, though.  I keep seeing my friends' pictures on Facebook of their pretty trees and houses all decked out and I'm just so overwhelmed with the idea of getting  ready for Christmas.  I have no clue how I did it last year, having just finished chemo.  I am almost four weeks post-op and I still have zero energy.  I don't know if this is normal or not.  I know I had major surgery and it will take a long time for my body to heal.  But is it ok to still get so worn out so easily?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I have no decorations out, only a few Christmas presents bought and no cards written out.

Part of the problem is my schedule is all messed up.  Normally I decorate my house the day after Thanksgiving, since I don't do any Black Friday shopping.  This year that day was J's birthday and we went to Dallas, not getting home until late yesterday.  While it was really a great family time, our road trip really wore me out and I didn't have the motivation to do any decorating today.

Tomorrow I have to go back to Dallas for an appointment with Dr T.  If I'm not too worn out, maybe I can start getting my house all Christmas-y on Tuesday.  I'd like to get our tree soon, too, but J is very sick with a fever, cough, and fatigue, so no telling when either one of us will be up for Christmas tree shopping.

I think tomorrow morning I will at least put my wreath on the door.  As I keep saying.... baby steps.

No comments: