Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 440

Happy Veterans Day America.

My daddy served in the US Army during Viet Nam.  I was always told that he was a cook in the army, but in gathering his paperwork for Medicaid after his stroke, I found his discharge papers.  You know what they say?  Sharpshooter!  Ha ha.  Go Dad!

Here is his picture from his Certificate of Citizenship:


Since his service was before I was born, I really wasn't exposed to the military at all growing up.  I live in a military town now, though, and have met so many wonderful families that I owe my gratitude to.  

(Well, except for the fact that I love you guys and you keep moving away!!!)  

 I would never want to be in the military, and I would never want to be a military wife.  It takes a certain type of person, and I don't think that's me.  My BFF and several other friends have been  military wives for the last twenty years or so, and I honestly don't know how they do it.  

To everyone who dons a uniform and performs a job to serve our country - thank you.  I cherish the freedom that I have had, and I pray that my kids grow up safe in the arms of your protection, too.

No comments: