Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 453

I slept all day today.  And by "all day", I mean all day.

I thought I was doing a pretty good job of listening to my body, but man oh man, I guess I needed some rest.  I started dozing in my recliner around noon.  I woke up briefly when K came home from school at 2pm, but I pretty much went back to dozing until Hubby came home at 4pm.  After that, I was down for the count.  I slept until 7pm.  Seriously - who needs that much sleep?  Obviously someone who's had chemo, radiation and multiple surgeries over the last year and a half, that's who.

The down side to sleeping that much is that I had a sick kiddo at home who pretty much had to fend for himself.  Thank goodness almost-teenagers are pretty self-sufficient, even when they are sick.

The up side to sleeping that much is that my drains slowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.  Maybe if I can keep my butt in the recliner for the next three days I'll be able to get rid of these stupid things sooner rather than later.

On a side note, please keep my mom in your prayers.  She was supposed to have a PET scan tomorrow, but due to insurance woes, it has been postponed until Wednesday morning.  I know she's anxious to get it over with and nervous about anything else showing up, so please send her some love and prayers for peace, courage and strength as she waits.

No comments: