Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 444

This weekend K's softball team is playing in a tournament to benefit the local food bank.  It's a great cause, but doesn't it make you kind of think that maybe the softball season doesn't ever end?  I mean, it's November!  I don't think there really is a softball season.  There are just periodic breaks in between regularly scheduled games and tournaments.

Hubby and I are having a battle of the wills over my attending the tournament.  I already turned over my dugout duties to some of the other ladies because I know there's no way I can do anything more than be a spectator.  However, I don't see the problem with me doing just that - spectating.  Hubby is upset because it's going to be cold and I'll be sore and tired, and the dirty, dusty softball fields are no place for someone recovering from surgery with open wounds.  Ok.... I get that.  But I will be bundled up.  All of my "wounds" will be covered.  We only live five minutes from the complex, so I don't even have to use the bathrooms there and risk the dirt and germs.  K's games only last an hour, so I can come home, rest and use my own bathroom when needed!


I think I sound perfectly reasonable.  Do I?
Or am I being a stubborn, rebellious patient?


No comments: