Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 452

Either I'm getting old or sleeping in the recliner is getting old.

I haven't been sleeping in my bed because I can't sleep on my side or my stomach, and I pretty much always sleep on my side or stomach.  Sleeping in the recliner ensures that I don't do either.  My right hip is starting to ache almost constantly, though, and my restless legs syndrome acts up on that side every evening.  I'm not sure if it's because there's more fluid build up on that leg (that drain is always measuring more) or if it's just a random pain from trying to be so careful while I sleep.  Whatever it is, it really is a pain in the rear.  Literally.

If you're going to suggest that I try being more active, keep in mind that I'm still restricted in my activities.  I did go to Walmart on Friday and walked all over the store.  And I rode my exercise bike (very gently) last night for two miles.  What I really need is a hot tub, but I wouldn't be allowed in it because of these pesky drains anyway.

My remedy last night was a walk around the house at 3:30am, half a percocet, a valium and a cup of tea.




No comments: