Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 456


Sorry.... couldn't help a little Thanksgiving humor.

Things I am thankful for:

  • My Hubby.  He is hands down the best support system I could ever have asked for.  I can't imagine walking through life with anyone else.  It's his hand I want to hold, his arms I want around me, his heart I want beating next to mine.
  • My son.  J and K truly are the joys of my life.  Tomorrow J will officially become a teenager. I'm not sure how that happened, because just yesterday it seems I was complaining about potty training woes and rocking him to sleep.  
  • My daughter.  K constantly makes me smile.  She is quirky and funny and loving and grouchy.  She loves to dress up and wear sparkly jewelry, and yet she doesn't mind getting dirty on the softball field or on the back of a horse.
  • My mom.  Thanksgiving wasn't quite the same this year without her here.  I know she's where she needs to be, and she has her own things to take care of, but I want her to know that she's missed more than ever.  If she's not here, who is going to make me turkey soup?
  • My dad.  I received a call today from my dad wanting to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving and see how I'm doing.  I continue to be astounded day after day with his progress.  When I visited him two months ago, I showed him my shirt that said "I'm a fighter", and I told him that's what HE needed to be.  He's taken those words to heart and has gotten so much stronger.  He is almost always in a good mood, his memory is getting better, his body is getting stronger and every day he is one step closer to going home.  That makes my heart happy.
  • My brother.  We don't often talk and are lucky to see each other once a year, but he's my big brother and I'm so glad we have the friendship that we do.  He called earlier when I was busy having Thanksgiving dinner, and it warms my heart to listen to his message.  If you've never gotten a voice mail from my brother, you are missing out.  You know that beep that cuts you off after so long when you're leaving a message?  I think that was invented for him.
  • My softball family.  The little girls who call themselves the Lady Diamonds have stolen my heart.  Every time I hear "Hi Miss Michelle", it puts a smile on my face.  Their families are like my family, and I thank God for the support they've given me since d-day.
  • My friends.  You know who you are.  Whether we talk once a day, once a week or once every six months.... you are in my thoughts and you are in my heart, and my life is richer because you're in it.
  • My fellow breast cancer warriors - the Bellas and my KCA sisters.  You are all amazing, beautiful, special women full of courage, strength, love, support, knowledge, humor and hope, and knowing you gives me hope for my future, and I know I'll never have to walk any part of this road alone.
My life is full of so many blessings, I can't possibly name them all.  Even if I could, chemo brain would prevent me from remembering them all!  I'm happy, I'm getting stronger every day, I'm wearing fuzzy socks and about to have homemade chocolate birthday cake.  Life is good.

Happy Thanksgiving, from my family to yours.






No comments: