Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 451

Yesterday I was a rebel.  Well, not really, but I felt like it.  I drove for the first time in more than two weeks!  Ever since my surgery I've been relegated to back seat riding, and let me tell you, that gets old really quick.  Dr T told me I could drive two weeks after surgery, which was this past Wednesday.  (See, I even waited two extra days!)  I haven't been taking any pain medication and I'm feeling stronger and less shaky every day, so I figured what the heck.

Technically I followed doctor's orders, since he said to wait two weeks.  I did not follow doctor's orders on not wearing a seat belt, though.  I haven't been wearing one when riding in the back seat, but I just couldn't bring myself to drive without it.  The reasoning behind Dr T not wanting me to wear one is he doesn't want me to put any pressure on my chest, which the seat belt does.  He doesn't want me to do anything to hinder the blood flow to my new parts.  I can't even wear a bra!  I understand it, but honestly, if I get into an accident, I'd much rather save my life than my newly constructed breasts!  I did compromise, though, and put a clip on the seat belt to hold it loosely over my chest...no pressure but still safe.  That's a win-win, right?

My legs are getting less painful by the day.  I can actually reach down to pick something up off the floor!  And I no longer cringe when I have to go to the bathroom.  I still hate every minute of having these drains, though.  Showering is a huge ordeal, partly because I get so tired, but partly because of the drains and the tubes and the gauze and tape and then having to squeeze back into the compression shorts.

I'm just ready for everything to not require so much effort!






No comments: