Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 431

Friday night I had a hard time sleeping.  Even though I was dead tired, I kept waking up with "that" feeling.  You know which one - the feeling of impending doom that signals something bad is going to happen.  

I hate that feeling.  

I'm not psychic, I can't tell the future and I'm not overly superstitious.  This feeling freaks me out, though.  It's never wrong.  The last time my sleep was interrupted by it, my dad had a heart attack and stroke.  I don't ever want to feel like something awful is on the horizon, but I really don't want to feel like that just a few days before my mom has surgery for colon cancer and I have my reconstruction surgery.

I ended up having to spend an hour at Walmart last night getting my tire fixed.  Even though I don't mind Walmart, I only go there on a Saturday if I'm desperate.  Since their automotive department was the only place in town open past 6pm on Saturday, I was desperate.  I'm going to hope that the flat tire portion of my day was the bad thing that's going to happen!

On a side note, it's November, which is the month of thanksgiving.  Not Thanksgiving, the holiday, but thanksgiving, as in being thankful for things.  Today I am thankful for having to turn the clocks back last night.  After a fitful sleep Friday, getting an extra hour of rest last night was a nice bonus.

No comments: