Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 454

I know I sound like a broken record, but I really, really, really hate these drains.

Tomorrow will be three weeks since my surgery.  When I had my mastectomy, I had four drains, and two of them were in for three weeks.  That sucked.  This time I had six drains, but luckily four of them came out within a week.  These last two show no signs of slowing down, though, and that really sucks.  I feel like I'm going crazy.

It's hard to explain if you've never had these drains.... you're probably thinking "What's the big deal?"  They don't hurt.  They are helping rid my body of excess fluid.  They should just be a minor annoyance.  They are beyond being an "annoyance".  They are bulky and messy and make it a huge hassle just to take a shower or go to the bathroom.  Having a tube (or two) sticking out of you with a bulb slowly filling with fluid throughout the day - yeah, it's enough to drive you batty, I promise you.  And I feel like there's no end in sight.  Normally the drains aren't removed until their output is below 20cc in 24 hours.  Even after three weeks, my drains are nowhere near that.

I sent a message to my doctor's office so hopefully they'll have some advice for me tomorrow.  

No comments: