Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, June 27, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 303

It's been a rough year.  I'll be the first to admit that.  Every day since last July has been a struggle, and some days I've struggled harder than others.  I have a lot of good days.  Most of the time I'm at least ok.  Some days I haven't been ok at all.  One of my friends posted a blog article online that really hit home.    

Reflection Confessions: Dealing With the Physical Aftermath
of Breast Cancer Treatment

I could have written these words that Betsy Hnath wrote almost word for word.  Cancer is not pretty.  Being a cancer patient is not pretty.  Like Betsy, I wonder if I'll ever look at myself and accept what I see instead of seeing all I have lost.  

Like Betsy's husband said, it's a marathon, not a sprint.  That's partly why I decided to write this blog every single day.  Because some days are better, and some are worse.  Some days I am happy and some days I'm sad.  One thing is the same every day, though:  I am thankful for today.  I'm thankful to be alive.

No comments: