Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 286

J comes home from camp this afternoon, and while I've missed him, I know our church youth leaders have been making sure he and the other junior high kids have an amazing experience.  They have a no cell phone policy at camp.  Last year they had a pay phone so J called me with a prepaid phone card, but I forgot to ask if they even had a pay phone this year (different camp).  I haven't heard his voice since he left on Friday.  
I am so thankful for modern technology.  The youth ministry has kept a daily blog from camp and posted pictures (none of J that I've seen...booo!) and they are even on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (the second two don't help me because I'm not on those).  They also have broadcast each evening's worship service live from camp online.  How cool is that?  So I haven't been able to see my son, but I have been able to see what he sees, and by sharing the worship service, I'm sharing a little bit of camp with him.

I can't wait to see what God has done in him over the last five days.

No comments: