Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, June 6, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 282

Today my boy left for five days away at camp.  He's going with our church and I know he's in good hands, but I don't think letting go, even a little bit, ever gets easier.  J went last year for the first time ever and absolutely loved it, so I know he will have a wonderful time.  He even knows a couple of friends who are in his group, which makes me really happy.  As friendly and social as he is, he has a hard time opening up to new friends, so I'm always glad to know he's hanging around with a buddy or two.

In typical junior high style, he didn't let me make a fuss.  He gave his dad and me each a hug, let me take this one picture and then he hopped on the bus to grab a seat.


I'll be saying prayers for the campers and their leaders for safe travels, fun adventures and quiet time for the Lord to work in their hearts these next five days.  I can't wait to hear all about it on Tuesday!

No comments: