Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 305

I hate complaining. What does it accomplish? Nothing, except make me sound like a whiner. And I don't want to be a whiner.  But sometimes you just have to.  My latest complaint? Restless legs.

Ok, so that's nothing new. If you've been reading my blog for a while then you know I've suffered from restless legs syndrome for years. What gets me now is that the medicine I take to block estrogen and hopefully prevent any more cancer growth has made my restless legs a hundred times worse. I have it every single night.  And sometimes even during the day. The other night I rode eight miles on my exercise bike, but still as soon as I sat down on the couch, the RLS kicked in. It is the most annoying, uncomfortable, frustrating feeling to have to move your legs every few seconds. Or to have to get up and walk around when you're so exhausted all you want to do is sleep.

In the grand scheme of things, for a cancer survivor, dealing with jumpy legs seems like a relatively minor thing. But it sure is getting old day after day, night after night.  I can't rest in the evenings because I can't sit still and I can't sleep at night. The medicine I have for it doesn't work anymore.
I guess the silver lining is that I'm getting a lot more exercise lately!!

No comments: