Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 291


The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.

 — Rev. Theodore Hesburgh

Today is Father's Day...the day we honor the men who love us, care for us, support us, teach us, and provide for us.  While I have a wonderful father whom I love very much and honor for doing all of those things, today I want to write about my husband, the father of my two beautiful children.

I scoured the internet trying to find inspirational quotes or Bible verses pertaining to fatherhood.  I didn't really know what I was looking for, but when I stumbled across the quote above, I knew what I needed to dedicate today's post to.  

There are a lot of ways to be a good father.  In my opinion, one of the most important ways is for a man to be a good example for his children - in all things.  His work ethic, his faith, how he treats others, his priorities, saying what you mean and meaning what you say.... all of those things show children what it takes to be a man of integrity.  And all of those things demonstrate why my Hubby is a wonderful father.

What transforms a wonderful father into an amazing one is how that man treats the mother of his children.  My husband respects women, he puts me first and he stands beside me, no matter what.  If nothing else, this past year has shown me that.  Taking the worse in "for better or worse" and the sickness in "in sickness and in health" seriously and giving me 110% of his devotion and support shows my kids how a husband loves his wife.  And a husband loving his wife in positive, encouraging ways gives my kids an example of how to be when they find their true love.





This photo is the wallpaper on my phone's home screen.  My whole world, right there in a group hug.  
I love this man to the moon and back.  He's my best friend, a strong, caring husband and a loving father.  We are blessed beyond measure.

Happy Father's Day, Hubby. 
Thank you for all that you do for me, for us.

No comments: