Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 182

Today was a good, good day.  I don't say that because I had to drive three hours for my fifteen minute weekly appointment.  I don't say that because it was sunny and cool, not icy and frozen for our trip.  I don't say that because I woke up feeling good despite a horrible night's sleep.  I don't say that because this appointment gets me one step closer to approval from my plastic surgeon regarding radiation, the next big step on this journey.

Today was a good day because I got to spend the day with my Hubby.  We've done many, many road trips together and I enjoy the times when it's just him and me (until one or the other's cell phone starts going off).  It was also a good day because I was able to spend time with one of my very favorite people in the world.  My friend A lived near me when our sons were born (12 years ago!) and was my first real "mommy" friend here in Abilene. She has been battling ovarian cancer for almost 7 years and has a hospice nurse now. It's so sad to think about. She's even younger than I am, and I'M too young for this cancer crap!  We had a great visit, though.  I wanted to spend hours and hours soaking up her goodness, but Hubby reminded me that she probably needed to rest.  He was right.  I thought I would be sad seeing her, but we didn't shed one tear. Just warm, strong hugs and happy memories. 


(She didn't want this pic posted on facebook, but I love love love it and wanted to share, so I figured I'd post it here where only a select few would see it.)

No comments: