Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 171

I realized this morning that I didn't write a blog post yesterday.  I was a little busy.  If you have kids and they play or did play recreational sports, take a minute to thank the people in charge.  Hubby and I are on the board and one of my best friends is the president of K's softball league, and OH MY GOD you wouldn't believe the amount of work that's involved behind the scenes.  

Most people just sign their child up, pay the fee and then show up when and where they are told to.  I am up to my ears in registration forms, entering information in the computer, trying to keep the web site and Facebook up to date, Hubby is overseeing finding coaches for all of the teams we'll have which has been a ton of work, and Madam President has had her phone practically explode from all of the texts, calls and emails about this stuff.  She's been meeting people all over town to take registrations, dealing with the city since our league uses a city park, handling the money, etc.  We've had six registration sessions (one of which was in a building with no heat and it was 20 degrees outside - that was fun) and two player preview (tryout) days over the last few weeks which have taken up hours of our time.  I'm not trying to toot my own horn because I've done way less work with all of this than Hubby and my friend K have, but the three of us have been bombarded with softball league business.  We're so appreciative when someone else steps up to help organize, collect forms, seek out sponsors... whatever.

On top of all of the league business, we have our own team of girls we're in charge of.  Even though spring is still a ways off, the Lady Diamonds will start practicing this week.  My friend K is the head coach, Hubby is her assistant and I'm the team mom/dugout coach.  Needless to say, this has all been extremely time-consuming.  

Move over cancer - it's (almost) softball season!


No comments: