Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 177

Random musings for Friday:


  • Yesterday marked 11 weeks since my last chemo,  In some ways it feels like I'm still going through all of that.... the fatigue and the not sleeping and the appetite/taste issues (although I'm not having to take quite so many pills every day now, thank you God).... and yet in other ways it seems like forever and a day ago since I sat in that infusion chair at my cancer center holding my "This is my LAST chemo" sign.
  • Today is 7 weeks since surgery.  I'm doing good but not as "recovered" as I thought I would be at this point.  I guess that's normal - you don't have body parts removed without having some issues, right?  Thankfully I have very little pain and my range of motion is getting better every day.  Adjusting to a body that's not like the one I've had for forty years takes some getting used to, though.  And I don't know when I will ever NOT be tired.
  • I held a 7 month old baby the other day and he has more hair than I do!  Mine is growing, though.  I am constantly rubbing my head, partially because it itches from wearing wigs and hats but mostly because I like the feel of having hair!!!
  • My daughter has come home from school two days in a row complaining of a sore throat.
    My son threw up in the bathtub last night.  Don't they know I don't need any germs in this house?!
  • I'm sad that the Olympics are almost over.  I haven't been able to watch as much as I wanted to, or as much as I have in the past, but I really, really love the Olympic Games.  I also think it's strange (someone pointed this out on the radio) that the next summer Olympics will be held in Rio.  Rio is in South America.... where summer for us is winter for them.  Ha!
  • Some hot flash trivia:  Hot flashes never come at convenient times.  Why don't they happen when I'm cold?  Exercising initiates a string of hot flashes.  My body temperature does not increase during a hot flash (I checked), even though it feels like the top of my head is going to burn off.
  • I was lucky and didn't have any issues with my fingernails or toenails during chemo.  All these weeks past chemo, though, my nails look worse than they did during treatment.  What's up with that?
  • Is it sad that I'm happy to not have something to do on a Friday night?
  • Breast reconstruction is a strange, strange process.  Just saying....
  • It's that time of year to start complaining.... about the *!%*?#* wind.  I really hate that the nicer weather in Texas means more windy days.  And by windy, I mean WINDY.  Ugh.
  • Next week we have to drive all the way to Dallas for one appointment that will probably take 15 minutes - tops.  I told Hubby we're going to have to find something else to do there to make the trip worthwhile!

No comments: