Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 180

This may sound weird, but one of the things I'm thankful for since my war with cancer began is that Hubby has become even more protective of me.  He always was, to some extent, but he was also always very good at letting me have my space since I'm pretty darn good at taking care of myself.  We have a wonderful marriage and he's a really good man, but I can honestly say that I love him even more for how much he takes care of me now.
I'm not embarrassed to say that I want to be taken care of (and not just because of the whole cancer thing).

My emotional needs have skyrocketed since last summer and he has really stepped up and tackled those, as well as the mile-long list of physical needs I've amassed since this whole thing started.  He goes to every appointment with me for moral support and to stay on top of what's going on with my treatments, he has learned how to empty drains and changed bandages and massages my sore arm.  He has brought me food that was the only thing that sounded good at the time, he has taken over homework duties with the kids and he's always the evening drop-off when one of the kids' friends has to go home.  He doesn't take "for better or for worse" lightly and that means more than he could know.  He doesn't treat me like a cancer patient, he treats me like his wife who has cancer.  There's a difference and he gets it.

Only one odd thing.... he doesn't want me driving to Dallas to my appointments by myself (even though I insist that I can), and yet the other day he took medication which knocked him out and I ended up driving the whole day anyway.  Only a man would understand that logic!  :-)

Hubby - I've said it before and I'll say it a hundred more times:  thank you from the bottom of my heart, the same heart that belongs to you.  I love you!

1 comment:

Tirzah said...

<3 <3 <3 love this post. So happy you are blessed with a very good man!