Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 163

They're here!  They're here!!


I confess to being a huge Olympics junkie.  The only other person I know who gets this excited about the Olympics is my mother.  I guess my apple didn't fall very far from her tree.  I wish we could be together to settle in on the couch with a cup of tea and watch them together.  My children don't care about the Olympics and Hubby runs the other way, so I'm left alone to cheer on our country's athletes.

I know there's all sorts of controversy and negativity this year (when isn't there), but to me, the Olympic Games represent the entire world coming together in the spirit of sportsmanship.  I love everything about the winter Olympics.  The scenery is often breathtaking, I love most of the sports in these games and the human interest stories are (for the most part) so interesting.  

(Although right now I'm waiting for the Opening Ceremonies to start and I'm not quite sure what Maria Sharapova being from Sochi has to do with anything!  Last I heard, tennis was not a winter sport.  Get on with it NBC!!!)


Go Team USA!

No comments: