Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 158

This Willow Tree angel of courage is a gift from my wonderful friend S.  I'm touched and honored that my family & friends think of me as an inspiration.  Thanks to them I am able to tackle each day head on. What choice do I have?  Curl up in a ball and say "I don't want to do this anymore?"  Even though I'm fighting cancer, life goes on and it can be so beautiful.  I've said it before - every day is a gift.

Even though sometimes I don't feel all that courageous, I can look at this triumphant little angel and smile.  She's saying:

"I am strong.  I won't give up.  I will win!"

 If cancer patients had mascots, she would be mine.  

Today is my birthday.  I plan to celebrate this day and many more birthdays after it, so take that, cancer!  I would totally be standing in this angel's pose if I was recovered enough from surgery that I could actually lift my arms like that.  Ha!  

No comments: