Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 162


I don't have a tiara, but I have plenty of love, and also plenty of cookies (thank you evil Girl Scout cookie mom-friend!).  Chemo took my hair, ruined my taste for Diet Coke and even water, and killed my cancer - why couldn't it have gotten rid of my sweet tooth as well?  I have a dentist appointment in a couple of weeks and I'm dreading it.  I don't have good teeth anyway, and switching back to drinking regular soda and grape Kool Aid, as well as maintaining my love for all things chocolate has probably made my teeth even more of a disaster.  See?  Cancer is the gift that keeps on giving.

On a side note, Hubby and I had an interesting trip to Dallas today.  I had an appointment with Dr. T and a consultation with an occupational therapist specializing in lymphedema.  The appointments went fine, but getting there was the adventure.  We woke up to snow.  Real cover-the-ground-and-stick-to-the-roads kind of snow.  Luckily the interstate was mostly clear until we got to Dallas, but the roads there (and the drivers!) were horrible.  It took us over four and a half hours to make the three hour drive from here.  Good thing we like each other's company!

No comments: