Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 166

I could have done an Insomniac Blogging post last night (you know what I'm talking about if you follow my friend A's Three Little Cowboys blog).  I went to bed around 10:45pm....got up at 11:45pm....messed around on the computer for a couple of hours.  By the time the clock started closing in on 2am I knew I needed to get some sleep.  Monday morning was looming, so I made myself go back to bed even though I was still wide awake.  Hubby caught me playing Words with Friends on my phone in the dark in the wee hours.  Finally I decided I would try again, and I guess I fell asleep.  I was not a fan of my alarm at 6:20am.

I wish I could blame my not sleeping on something like this:


That kind of insomnia I don't mind.  It's not unusual for me to stay up until the wee hours reading a book that I just can't put down.  Well, it wasn't unusual.  Thanks to cancer fatigue and chemo brain, my reading time has been seriously diminished.  I can't remember the last time I stayed up really late because I was lost in a book.  

We just received notice that schools are delayed two hours tomorrow due to ice.  Thank heavens.  At least if I can't sleep tonight I won't be facing that God-awful early alarm!

No comments: