Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1523

October 31 - Getting a mammogram can help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer by 30 to 40% among women ages 40 to 70. 


I will be the first to say that you should not rely on mammograms alone.  I had my first mammogram at age 38, my second at age 39 and another right before my diagnosis at age 40.  None of them clearly indicated breast cancer, even after I'd found a pretty sizable lump.

However, this routine test has been used for decades to screen for breast cancer, and mammograms have saved lives by detecting cancer that women did not find themselves.  My sister-in-law is one of those.  While you should not rely solely on one specific test, especially if you feel that something is 'off', please get your mammogram every year.  It's an uncomfortable ten minutes that could save your life.  

Today brings us to the end of PINKTOBER.  
For me, every month is breast cancer awareness month.  


Oh, and Happy Halloween from my kiddos!





No comments: