Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1517

October 25 - Minimize alcohol intake to control risk. That means one glass of wine, one beer or one hard liquor drink per day. (Drinking seven drinks in one day and none the rest of the week is not OK.)

Ok, this might be a tough rule to follow today.
I went to the doctor this morning.  In my pjs.  Without brushing my hair OR my teeth.
Good thing it wasn't for me....I was just the driver.


Batten down the hatches... I have not one but TWO sick men in my house!  Lord help me.
My son has been dealing with congestion and a sore throat for a few days, but no fever.  He's allergic to everything and always has sinus issues, so I wasn't really that concerned.  Until he woke up today sounding like death warmed over.  

Hubby went to bed feeling ok last night.  I woke up at 4am with him tossing and turning (and moaning)... and none of that was in a good way!

me:  Are you ok?
Hubby:  Noooo. Ugh.
me:  What's wrong?
Hubby:  101.6 fever.  Everything hurts.
me:  Did you take something?
Hubby:  No.  Didn't know what I could take.

Commencing nurse duties immediately!  I doled out meds for his fever and headache and went back to bed.  Got the kids up two hours later, breakfast made, lunches packed, phone calls for sick Hubby not going to work made..... and then I took a look at my son.  I made him take his temp and when it showed a little fever, considering what was going on with his dad and the way he sounded, I figured he'd better stay home, too.

Luckily I got them in to see the doctor this morning, so they've both already had their first doses of antibiotics.  Strep and flu were negative (which shocked me.... I was positive J had strep and Hubby had the flu).  Diagnosis:  bronchitis for the young man, pneumonia for Hubby.  😷

Given that I've had Lyme disease, Epstein-Barr virus AND breast cancer in the last five years, it's an understatement to say my immune system is slightly compromised.  So the prescription for me is to stay far, far away from the germ guys.  And maybe have an adult beverage or two.  

No comments: