Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, October 27, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1519

October 27 - The youngest known survivor of breast cancer is Aleisha Hunter from Ontario, Canada. At only three years old, Aleisha underwent a complete mastectomy in 2010 to treat her juvenile strain of breast cancer.


I'm glad October is almost over.  I'm pretty much done with providing facts about stupid dumb breast cancer.  

With that being said, as awful as having cancer is, I'm overwhelmingly grateful that it was me and not either one of my children that got sick.  I can't imagine watching my child go through what I went through, or worse.  Back in the spring I went to the funeral of a girl who passed away from cancer.  She was a little younger than J.  I didn't know her or her family (my only connection was that her mom was J's teacher the year before).  A lot of my friends knew her though, and of course being a part of my children's school community, I followed her story.  I have to say, that funeral for a girl I never met was one of the most gut-wrenching things I've endured.  

Her older brother was in the high school band, and the band was invited to play "It Is Well" at the service.  Oh.My.God.  That song gets me every single time when the band plays it after football games.  Listening to that amazing band (including my son) performing that beautiful song for a girl taken way too young...... there are no words.

On a lighter note.... know what makes me happy?
This guy.



Everyone knows that children are a product of their environment, and that good parents raise good children.  Hubby and I must be doing a hell of a job, because our son is a fine young man.  He's lazy and a loner and hoards empty water bottles in his room like they are worth something.  He leaves his towel on the floor, doesn't care if he combs his hair and would rather sit home playing xbox than go to a school dance.

But he's polite.  He's clever.  He's incredibly funny.  He's sensitive and kind.  He is his own person and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.  He's scary smart (like.... he has a 3.6 GPA without EVER studying or even doing one page of homework).  There's a lot to be said about a teenager who still hugs his mom, even in the middle of his high school cafeteria.  

He's just a GOOD kid.  
I'm a proud mom.  Most of the time I'm a busy softball mom.
Tonight I was a (freezing) band mom, and I enjoyed every second.

It Is Well.





No comments: