Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1506

October 14 - On average, it takes 100 days or more for a cancer cell to double in size. It takes about 10 years for cells to divide to a size that can be actually felt.

This fact is infuriating to me.  Ten years?!?!?!?  I had three clear mammograms in a row, and then not even a year later I felt a lump that turned out to be Stage III cancer.  So exactly how long did I have these stupid unwelcome cells multiplying in my body before I found the lump? 

It's also depressing because we all know "early detection is key".... but what is considered early detection?   If it's already been there for 10 years before you can feel it, how is that catching it early?


No comments: