Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1514

October 22 - Exercise reduces breast cancer risk for women of all body types – even lean women, according to Leslie Bernstein, Ph.D., director of cancer etiology at City of Hope.

As with most other breast cancer "facts", this one aggravates me.  You know why?  One of my KCA friends was incredibly active.  She ran half-marathons.  She taught yoga.  She loved to go horseback riding. 


She passed away today.

Everyone knows exercise is good for you... good for your body, and good for your mind.  But it frustrated me when something like this is listed as a fact, because it makes people think if you exercise you won't get cancer. 

Wrong.

Do what you can to take care of yourself.  Go for a walk, take the stairs, run a marathon.... whatever floats your boat.  But don't think you will get cancer if you don't hit the gym every day. 

RIP Nichole Taylor.  You were one of a kind.
My prayers go out to your beloved Matthew.



No comments: