Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1508

October 16 - There are a number of misconceptions about what can cause breast cancer. These include, but are not limited to, using deodorants or antiperspirants, wearing underwire bras, having a miscarriage or induced abortion, or bumping/bruising the breast tissue.

Oh... well that explains it.  I've used deodorant since I was old enough to need it.  I always wore underwire bras.  I had two miscarriages.  Wow.  It's all my fault.



Contrary to popular belief, most of what people say or think causes cancer is not true.  
I know overweight, unhealthy people who have breast cancer.  I know super thin, fit, active people who have breast cancer.  I know people who didn't need to wear a bra who have breast cancer.  I know plenty of people (unfortunately) who have had miscarriages... and most of them do not have breast cancer.

Don't believe everything you hear.  There's a difference between educating yourself and living smart.... and living in fear of everything.  

I do think that there are certain things we do, eat, drink, or are exposed to that could possibly increase our risk of breast cancer.  I also think that you could avoid everything that everyone says causes cancer and still end up with breast cancer.  You just never know.



No comments: