Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1497




October 5 - A woman born today has about a one in eight chance of being diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, according to the National Cancer Institute.

Do you know eight women?  Chances are you know more than that.  But think of the ladies in your life....friends, mothers, daughters, teachers, etc.  Make a list of eight of them.  Guess what?  One of them will probably get a breast cancer diagnosis.  

I know that's not exactly how it works, or how the statistics are figured, but you get the idea.  Unless you live under a rock or in a monastery, you know enough women that cancer will eventually touch one of them.

It's sad and scary and ugly, but it's a fact.  




No comments: