Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1511

October 19 - The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reports a higher risk of breast cancer in women who take multivitamins.


Unless you live under a rock and exist on water and seaweed, you probably eat something, drink something, wear something or are exposed to something every day that someone somewhere has discovered causes cancer.

As an obsessive researcher, I know all about just about everything that is considered "dangerous" as far as cancer goes.  Stay out of the sun.  Don't eat processed foods.  Don't heat up plastic in the microwave.  Don't grill foods to "well done".  Don't freeze water bottles.  Avoid parabens in everything.  Don't eat sugar.  Don't smoke.

The list is endless.

I know people who live by these guidelines.... strictly.  I know people who don't follow them at all.
I'm somewhere in between.  I try to make healthy choices, but I also try to live my life.  I did everything right for the first forty years of my life and I ended up with cancer anyway.  I don't smoke.  I rarely drink.  I love fruits and salads.  I drink water or tea.  I buy hair products that are paraben-free.  I wear sunscreen (because face it.... I live in Texas, I can't exactly avoid the sun).  

But if I want a cookie, or a piece of chocolate, I have one.  I eat grilled chicken.  I love bacon.

There's a fine line between overly cautious and overly reckless....and for each person that line is different.  Be smart and find what works for you.

No comments: