Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, October 20, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1512


I'm blessed to still be living the life I love.  Having gone through what I've been through the last 1500+ days, I count my blessings all the time.  Life IS amazing.

And then it's awful.  
I don't have an October breast cancer fact today.   I can't do a mundane "about breast cancer" post.
My mind is stunned, my heart is heavy.  
One of my friends.... a KCA buddy who was in the chemo trenches the same time I was in 2013 (and again this past year).... I learned last night that she has almost reached the end of her fight.  I know miracles happen all the time.... but her doctors think she has only days left.  DAYS.

I'm mad.  I'm sad.  I'm so disappointed in modern medicine.  I'm baffled that someone who can run half marathons and teach yoga can be brought down by f****** cancer.  I'm scared, because the farther out all of us get from treatment, the more I'm hearing about my friends and Stage IV incurable cancer.  It SUCKS.

I'm also selfishly dealing with survivor's guilt.  It's a fine line to walk..... enjoying every second and being grateful for what I have, while at the same time being filled with sorrow over my friend not having that chance.

Please pray for Nichole.  Pray for her husband of 25 years.  Pray for her family and friends.  Pray for those of us who met her under horrible circumstances but are blessed by knowing her.  


Life is amazing...because of people like her.
And then it's awful.


No comments: